Brian DeCook was one of our speakers in Season 1 of First Fridays Fort Wayne. He is an expert on conflict management/resolution. Below is a recent article he posted on LinkedIn.
The power of conflict is amazing. It can humble and humiliate us. It can expose our selfishness and arrogance. It can take a gifted and talented team and turn it into a band of dysfunctional misfits. Conflict can hinder relationships, diminish productivity, and destroy morale.
But the power of conflict can also energize and elevate us. It can take the coal of our character and create a diamond. It can turn a mediocre team into champions.
So why do some teams elevate their performance during a conflict when others fall apart?
To learn more about Brian, his services, and to finish this article, follow this link: The Amazing Power of Conflict
Brian DeCook has provided the following Executive Summary of his content from last week’s First Fridays presentation. If you, your department, or company would like to contact Brian, his contact information is listed below. As you know, he can bring value to you and your team!
Team Smart Relationships – Presentation Summary
1. A Conflict Culture consists of the values, attitudes, goals and practices
related to the way a team processes and responds to conflict.
2. Two Essential Values – Respect & Responsibility
3. Respect – Treating others the way you want to be treated
4. Responsibility – Doing what you agreed or were assigned to do and
doing it to the best of your ability.
5. The Three Relationship Engines – Authority, Correction, and Offense
6. Authority – The Power to Serve
7. Correction – The Power to Grow
8. Offense – The Power to Transform
9. Team Smart Moment – A moment in workplace interaction when a
relationship is diminished or damaged. When a team smart moment
occurs, someone feels slighted, attacked, or wronged.
10. Every team smart moment provides leaders with an opportunity to
reinforce the conflict culture values of respect and responsibility.
Speaker: Brian DeCook
Contact Information: email@example.com – www.twofires.us –
Brian DeCook is ready for us on March 2. His topic next month will be “Team Smart Relationships: Conflict & the Leader’s Role”. You will not want to miss Brian’s presentation!
To reserve your FREE spot, click on the following link or on the promo above. Our room is filling up!
March 2 First Fridays with Brian DeCook