You are not going to want to miss next month’s First Fridays event. Wayne Robison will be our featured speaker. Wayne will share from 40+ years of experience (Business Owner/CFO/Speaker) that will make you think and then act. I always am inspired by Wayne and how he challenges me to become better.
Register for FREE today by following this link: Registration for October 5 with Wayne Robison
We “sold out” 10 in advance for September’s event. Reserve your seat now!
- You may wear your own company-branded name tag to First Fridays.
- Don’t forget to bring business cards. Drop one in the basket in order to participate in our give-a-ways including 2 books!
- If you would like to share a couple of your company-branded items for our give-a-ways, please bring them in. Your company will get a simple “promo” by doing this!
Jere and I have come to think of First Fridays as our gift to the leaders of NE Indiana. Every month, we are honored to share gifts – gifts in the form of outstanding leaders on a wide range of topics. So what can you anticipate being gift-wrapped for you in season 2?
- Becoming the best leader you can become
- Understanding how vision and communication can drive your business to success
- What leadership looks like under stress
- Leaders giving back to their communities
- Understanding and leveraging your strengths
- Servant leadership
- Communication skill building
- and much more
We were recently asked if we first select the topics that are presented at First Fridays. No, we look for great leaders who will tell a compelling story that will benefit us all. Out of great leaders come impacting topics. We experienced this last year, didn’t we? The same will be true in 2018-2019.
We are working on some new things for this new season. We are already looking to expand our June Women’s event. Stay tuned for that!
We are looking forward to seeing you on September 7! If you plan to attend the Global Leadership Summit, Jere will be working the Indiana Wesleyan University table and I’ll be wearing something with the First Fridays logo on it! Be sure to say “hi!”
I am reading the book, Sharpen Your Verbal Edge, written by my friend and First Fridays regular, Elizabeth MacDonald. Unless you live and work in a cave…alone…not ever communicating with anyone, you MUST buy this book. It will truly help you become a better communicator!
Elizabeth really got my attention when she wrote the following:
“How important are communication skills? According to training development specialist Shirley Fine Lee, when people are terminated, 80% of the time, it is because of their lack of leadership or people skills.
Here’s where it gets interesting: 80% of people are hired because of their competence…when people come on board with subpar communication skills, those inadequacies eventually surface and unforeseen challenges arise.”
If you are a manager or leader at your organization, you are expected to:
- Give presentations
- Coach/Counsel employees for improved performance results
- Engage with the community through networking and business building
- Write professionally
If you find communication challenging, then I recommend you purchase this book. It WILL help you. And I know that Elizabeth would welcome the opportunity to directly coach you. She can help you hone your communication skills that will cause others to take notice – in the best possible way! My company has brought her in to speak to our entire staff – she is engaging, funny, practical, energetic, and effective.
If you would like more information, please visit Elizabeth’s website at The Verbal Edge.