I met Dr. Nick McBride about a month ago while my siblings and I were waiting for my father’s surgery to begin at Parkview Regional Medical Center. I had observed Nick interact with an elderly woman who he was helping (read about that here). I had the honor of having lunch with Nick last week.
Dr. McBride is a pharmacist at Parkview. He also is a personal development coach, speaker, and (hopefully soon) an author. Nick shared his leadership journey with me from his many years working at Walgreens and moving up the leadership ladder there. I learned a lot of the work of a pharmacist at a large regional hospital.
Nick’s passion and drive are evident as you talk with him. The word “intention” kept popping up in our conversation. Nick applies intention to his pharmacy work, to his own personal, leadership development, and to his family. I ended up encouraging him to start thinking about writing a book especially geared towards a millennial audience. We did some brainstorming around this topic. Nick as a lot of value to share with this audience and beyond.
I am encouraged to meet leaders such as Dr. McBride. We can tend to poke fun at a younger generation (I’m far removed from being a millennial). But coming away from our lunch meeting, I am continually impressed with the young leaders such as Dr. McBride who reside and work here in NE Indiana. I believe our future is in good hands.
Thank you, Dr. McBride, for serving in our community. Thank you for the example you set on the job and with your family.
Keep your eyes on this leader!
submitted by: Jim Johnson, co-founder of First Fridays Fort Wayne
Dr. Jeff Williamson (http://linkedin.com/in/drjeffwilliamson) of Olivet Nazarene University shared this on LinkedIn:
“A growing body of evidence suggests that the single greatest driver of both achievement and well-being is understanding how your daily efforts enhance the life of others…the defining of a meaningful life are ‘connecting and contributing to something beyond the self'”.
-Tom Rath, Life’s Great Question.
What a great focus for our week! Connect. Contribute.
We are blessed with awesome Board members at First Fridays and Rob Kee is one of them! We thought you’d like to get to know him like we do, so we’ve asked him to share 10 things about himself.
1. One of the few globally Certified Coaches specializing in the ground breaking field of the neuroscience of Conversational Intelligence©. Training, and equipping individuals and teams into effective leaders and communicators for over 30 years.
2. Born in Homestead, Florida (Pre-Hurricane Andrew)
3. Moved to California at two years old (with a brief stop in Southern Illinois to establish my midwestern presence).
4. Lived in Southern, Northern and the Central Coast of California (longest state ever).
5. Transitioned from Corporate to Non-profit (and lived to tell about it).
6. Migrated to Fort Wayne late summer 2017 (learned how to shovel snow and survived the -50 F polar vortex of 2019).
7. Amassed over 1,400 LinkedIn contacts locally and abroad since arriving in Fort Wayne just two years ago (developed a severe case of screen-thumb due to excessive swiping and tapping all hours of the nights on his smart device).
8. Single handedly created a temporary moratorium on coffee beans due to drinking countless gallons in the successful developing of local relationships (moratorium will be lifted soon).
9. Greatest undeserved blessings are wife Belinda of 36 years, 21 year old daughter Lauren, 34 year old son Robert, his wife Lori and their three beautiful grandchildren, Emery, Davy & Lexy (still amazed at God’s favor).
10. Greatest desire is to be spent for the cause and purpose of the One who was spent for him (Still humbled by His sacrifice).
If you missed the January 3, 2020 First Fridays Fort Wayne, here is the presentation by Aaron & Janell Lane:
It’s 6:05 am. It is time to load up and head to set up First Fridays Fort Wayne.￼
We look forward every month to reconnecting with friends, making new connections, and to be challenged by the dynamic leaders/speakers that Northeast Indiana is blessed to have.
We hope to see you soon!￼
This Friday, December 6 from 8-9 am is the next First Fridays Fort Wayne session featuring Amy Hanna. So why should you and your colleagues attend?
Get a Gift. That’s right, if you attend you’ll receive a gift. The gift of connections and networking. You’ll meet some of the finest leaders in NE Indiana on Friday. Making a meaningful connection is a great gift to receive. This gift will give back as you learn what leadership looks like at area businesses, as you will be challenged by Amy, and as you realize how blessed our community is to have leaders like the ones you’ll meet.
Give a Gift. Be open to meet and connect with someone new to you. Invest your time on Friday to make a connection that can lead to a time of coffee or lunch. Be sure to be ready to add value to those you meet. Give yourself and your connections with the intention of helping others around you to become better.
There is still time to register for this free event. Click on the image below to register today!