How and When did First Fridays Fort Wayne Begin?
First Fridays Fort Wayne was created by brothers, Jere & Jim Johnson, in August, 2017. We were raised by a wonderful family who taught us that serving others is a key to life.
Jere is former basketball coach and athletics director who has served at the college and high school levels. He has also been a chaplain for Northwestern football in the Big Ten. Jere is the Corporate Representative at Indiana Wesleyan University in Fort Wayne.
Jan Diaz, a host at First Fridays, is passionate about education and currently sits on the board of a nonprofit organization which brings educational solutions through technology to the war-torn country of Liberia. She is an alumni of Indiana Wesleyan University and is also a Corporate Representative of IWU-Fort Wayne. Jan is the leader responsible for the planning and presentation of our annual Women’s Conference.
Our goal is that you walk away better than when you came. We know we will become better after meeting you as well.
What is First Fridays?
A monthly leadership meeting held on the first Friday of every month from 8:00 am – 9:00 am at the Kachmann Auditorium on the Lutheran Hospital Campus.
To encourage leaders to grow by
- Learning what leadership looks like in area organizations
- Networking with area leaders
- Being exposed to a variety of meaningful topics presented by dynamic, compelling leaders & organizations in NE Indiana
Who can attend First Fridays Fort Wayne?
- Area leaders from any organization
- Emerging leaders
- Students preparing for leadership roles
First Fridays is Growing!
Through our relationship with Indiana Wesleyan University, we now have:
- First Fridays Cincinnati – meeting on the IWU campus, 9286 Schulze Drive, West Chester Township, OH 45069. 8-9 am on the first Friday of the month.
- First Fridays Indianapolis – June 7, 2019 will be our inaugural event. You will find us at 3777 Priority Way S Dr, Indianapolis, IN 46240 (317) 574-3980