How and When did First Fridays Fort Wayne Begin?
First Fridays Fort Wayne was created by brothers, Jim & Jere Johnson, in August, 2017. We were raised by a wonderful family who taught us that serving others is a key to life.
Jere is former basketball coach and athletics director who has served at the college and high school levels. He has also been a chaplain for Northwestern football in the Big Ten. Jere is the Corporate Representative at Indiana Wesleyan University in Fort Wayne.
Jan Diaz, a host at First Fridays, is passionate about education and currently sits on the board of a nonprofit organization which brings educational solutions through technology to the war-torn country of Liberia. She is an alumni of Indiana Wesleyan University and is also a Corporate Representative of IWU-Fort Wayne.
Our goal is that you walk away better than when you came. We know we will become better after meeting you as well.
What is First Fridays?
A monthly leadership meeting held on the first Friday of every month from 8:00 am – 9:00 am at the Conference Center at Indiana Wesleyan University, Fort Wayne campus.
To encourage leaders to grow by
- Learning what leadership looks like in area organizations
- Networking with area leaders
- Being exposed to a variety of meaningful topics presented by dynamic, compelling leaders & organizations in NE Indiana
Who can attend First Fridays Fort Wayne?
- Area leaders from any organization
- Emerging leaders
- Students preparing for leadership roles
First Fridays is Growing!
Through our relationship with Indiana Wesleyan University, we now have:
- First Fridays Cincinnati – meeting on the IWU campus, 9286 Schulze Drive, West Chester Township, OH 45069. 8-9 am on the first Friday of the month.
- First Fridays Indianapolis – coming soon to the north side of Indy!