How and When did First Fridays Begin?
First Fridays was created by brothers, Jim & Jere Johnson, in August, 2017. We were raised by a wonderful family who taught us that serving others is a key to life.
Together with Jan Diaz, we are passionate about developing leadership in the NE Indiana area.
Jere is former basketball coach and athletics director who has served at the college and high school levels. He has also been a chaplain for Northwestern football in the Big Ten. Jere is the Corporate Representative at Indiana Wesleyan University in Fort Wayne.
Jan Diaz is passionate about education and currently sits on the board of a nonprofit organization which brings educational solutions through technology to the war-torn country of Liberia. She is an alumni of Indiana Wesleyan University and is also a Corporate Representative of IWU-Fort Wayne.
Our goal is that you walk away better than when you came. We know we will become better after meeting you as well.
What is First Fridays?
A monthly leadership meeting held on the 1st Friday of every month form 8:00 am – 9:00 am at the Conference Center at Indiana Wesleyan University, Fort Wayne campus.
- To encourage leaders to grow by
- Learning what leadership looks like in area organizations
- Networking with area leaders
- Growing from a variety of topics presented by area leaders
- To appreciate dynamic growth possibilities in NE Indiana
Who can attend First Fridays?
- Area leaders from any organization
- Emerging leaders
- Students preparing for leadership roles