As you know, First Fridays is taking a break this summer. We’ll be back at it on Friday, September 7 (2018-2019 Schedule).
So what will you do on Friday, July 6 (the first Friday of July)? Here’s some ideas to keep the networking momentum moving forward:
- Look through the business cards you’ve collected at First Fridays or any other networking event. Pick one and contact that person. Invite them to coffee/breakfast/or lunch. Get to know a local leader. Let them get to know you.
- Find a new book to begin reading.
- Find a new leadership blog to start following and interacting with.
- Start to follow a key organization here in NE Indiana. I would recommend the NE Indiana Regional Partnership and/or the NIIC as great places to start.
- Go on a “field trip”
- Pick a local company/person from your collected business cards.
- Ask that person if you make a brief visit at their location.
- Meet new leaders there.
- Discover what leadership looks like there.
- Discover what their ideal customer looks like (then in the near future, give them some referrals/connections).
- Appreciate the value they bring to their customers, staff members, and our community.
Intentionally create value in your community. As you expand your relationship reach in NE Indiana, you will discover great organizations doing great things with great people. You and our community will be better for your efforts to connect with our businesses.