I’ve spoken with many people about their fear or concern over networking. I typically ask them a question my boss frequently asks: “What’s the worse that could happen?” Great question! But in this case, this is the wrong question to ask. How about this instead…
What’s the BEST that could happen when you network?
- You expand your relationship reach in your community.
- You start up new friendships.
- You learn something you didn’t know about your community.
- You meet influential leaders that will challenge you.
- You see what leadership looks like outside your company’s four walls.
- You appreciate your community more by understanding what makes your community work.
- You help connect others to others.
- You become a trusted resource.
- Your life becomes more enriched.
Get out and network! Great opportunities and experiences await you. If you don’t know where to start, attend an upcoming First Fridays forum. Our next one is on Friday the 13th (April 13) on the campus of Indiana Wesleyan University. We meet from 8-9 am. And it is free. We ask that participants register via Eventbrite.com to reserve their spot because seating is limited.