Brian DeCook has provided the following Executive Summary of his content from last week’s First Fridays presentation. If you, your department, or company would like to contact Brian, his contact information is listed below. As you know, he can bring value to you and your team!
Team Smart Relationships – Presentation Summary
1. A Conflict Culture consists of the values, attitudes, goals and practices
related to the way a team processes and responds to conflict.
2. Two Essential Values – Respect & Responsibility
3. Respect – Treating others the way you want to be treated
4. Responsibility – Doing what you agreed or were assigned to do and
doing it to the best of your ability.
5. The Three Relationship Engines – Authority, Correction, and Offense
6. Authority – The Power to Serve
7. Correction – The Power to Grow
8. Offense – The Power to Transform
9. Team Smart Moment – A moment in workplace interaction when a
relationship is diminished or damaged. When a team smart moment
occurs, someone feels slighted, attacked, or wronged.
10. Every team smart moment provides leaders with an opportunity to
reinforce the conflict culture values of respect and responsibility.